A Unique Adventure of Love, Life and Arithmetic.

A unique Mozambican adventure of people, service and arithmetic.

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Enjoy. Or something. You're welcome.


Sometimes I write poems.
But they are not very good.
See I told you so.






#DIYnumberone

I have a home! I have a home!
Next project on the list:
My clothes need a home.

Folded up so nicely in a square luggage case,
It’s hard to tell what I’m grabbing
Is this cotton or lace?

Nice, neat organized piles until it’s time to dress
When I dig for an article,
I’m left with a tangled-up mess.

This problem is small but annoying each day.
I shall try to solve it
There must be a way!

My room is so spacious with a cute little nook,
A shelf would fit perfectly--
Let’s go and look!

300 mets for a plastic, too-small shelf,
So I have an idea--
Call me Ms. Do-It-Yourself!

I will need some wood and some cinder blocks too.
Will you sell me some wood sir?
No?…Ok how about you?

Finally I find a man who will sell the wood plain,
But he says 500 mets...
Oh my gosh that’s insane!

I don’t want a dresser, a table or door,
I just want the wood, sir—
give me a break, I’m quite poor!

A friend of mine offered to make it to sell
But when he said 4,000 mets
I said "there's no way in hell."

I retuned to the man that said 500’s the price.
Then he lowered it to 400
And I said "thanks, you’re so nice!"

The workers and I sat and chatted away,
While a young teenage boy
sawed and sanded all day.

Okay, not really all day--just an hour or two,
Now my wood is ready
And I have work to do!

Cover the wood with capulana and secure it with string
Place atop cinder blocks
And we’ve got a shelf kind of thing!

I am now the proud owner of a Sarah-made shelf
It wasn't too hard
But I did it myself!

So now I have a home, and my clothes have a home...
And my blog can now say:
“I have a poem!”



No comments:

Post a Comment